School Lunch 2018-2019
Welcome to a new school year! Healthy for Life™ is our commitment to create healthier environments and communities, by providing not only healthy foods but comprehensive nutrition and wellnes seducation.TheSchool District of Howards Grove Food Service staff is looking forward to serving your children nutritious, great-tasting menus that support their achievements in school and promote healthy lifestyles.
We offer a variety of meal choices with one goal in mind: to provide outstanding service and high quality “kid-friendly” meals that meet or exceed the latest federal and state requirements. The school District of Howards Grovemenus are designed to ensure that students receive a balanced meal, consisting of foods from all major food groups in the right proportions to meet calorie and other nutrient needs.
The products and the cooking methods we use conserve food quality and nutrients, while limiting the addition of fats, salt and sugar and eliminate frying. So although you may see popular items like pizza and chicken nuggets on your menus, be assured that your child’s school meal selections contain healthy whole grains and are lower in fat and salt than what you find in grocery stores or restaurants. We will also be offering some different foods that your children may not have tried before, so please encourage your child to taste these items. They just might become a new favorite! Remember to check out the menus posted at http://www.hgsd.k12.wi.us/food-service--43.
Howards Grove Schools will continue to utilize Skyward for lunch service. All children receive a photo identification card that is used for any purchase. Family Lunch Accounts are used so all children in the family are under one account. Three payment options are available:On-line through E-funds (link is located on the website); Food Service envelope (located in each office); Printable website form. Fill out the forms completely to ensure your payment is credited to the correct account.You may access your account payment and purchase information through Family Access at any time.Lunch prices for 2018-2019 are the same as 2017-2018: K-5th is $2.50, 6th-8th is $2.65, and 9th-12th is $2.75.
Free and Reduced Meal Program
New this year: Free and Reduced Applications can be filled out online during registration. Go to Skyward Family Access, click “Food Service”, and then “Add Application.” If you receive a Direct Certification notification you do not have to fill out an application.Paper applications for the Free and Reduced Meal Program are emailed or mailed before the beginning of a new school year and are also available on the school website.A new application is required for each school year. Please place your application in an envelope addressed to the Food Service Department.These can be dropped off in any office or mailed to 401 Audubon Rd., Howards Grove WI 53083. Please note that milk only with a lunch brought from home is not included in this benefit.
A la Carte
Ala Carte items can be purchased at the Middle School and High School if funds are available. Milk is available at Northview. These purchases will be deducted from the Family Lunch Account. If you do not want your child(ren) to purchase ala carte items please contact the Food Service Department to place a hold/stop on their account. Money is not accepted in the lunch line at the Middle School or Northview. Money is accepted at the High School, but no change is given. The cash back is deposited into the lunch account for future purchases.
Low Balance Procedures
1. Skyward will generate Low Balance Notification emails when the account reaches $10.00. If no email address is provided a paper copy will go home with the youngest student or be mailed.
2. If the account becomes negative and no payment is received, the Food Service Director will contact the parent/guardian (Payor) of the account.A la Carte purchases may be stopped at this time.
3. At negative -$10.00 all purchases may be stopped.Parents/guardian (Payor) will be notified if purchases are stopped.The building Administrator or Counselor will be notified and may follow up with the parent/guardian.Please note that the Food Service Director and School Administrators will make every effort to work with the parent/guardian to ensure all students have access to food while at school.
4. If no agreement is reached, the account will be considered delinquent after 60 days.
5. After 120 days the account will be considered bad debt and the District may proceed with debt collection under Wisconsin Law.
We are proud to serve your child and encourage you to support our on going efforts to improve student health and well-being by participating in our Food Service program. Please feel free to call the Food Service Office at 920-565-4459 with any questions or comments.